Station at Alleghany HO Scale Kit
The station at Alleghany was built as a variation of the 1920 Standard Station design to replace an earlier structure, but with a number of modifications. First, it is quite a bit wider than most of the design, and it has three freight doors in a very large freight area. It has the usual two waiting rooms, but no bay window for the agent's office between. The eaves are also wider than most, and finally, it has weatherboard (clapboard) siding rather than the usual board-and-batten. This is a laser-cut HO Scale kit produced by Southern Heritage Models exclusively for the C&O Historical Society. A copy of the C&O Magazine article 'C&O's Last Standard Station Design' from December 2010 is included for reference.