C&O Railway at Gladstone, VA

  • Model: BK-00-255

$6.95  $4.99
Save: 28% off

Add to Cart:
Saddle bound, 24 page pamphlet that documents the rise and fall of C&O's division point terminal at Gladstone, midway between Clifton Forge and Richmond on the James River line. The town was created by and for the railway and had no other business. When the Richmond & Alleghany RR was absorbed into C&O in 1889 and became the line's principal route to take coal to Newport News, the terminal was set up and lasted as an important facility until the 1970s. It had an extensive yard, big passenger station/office building, huge YMCA building, small roundhouse and ready track area, water tank, coaling station, etc. Color covers, B&W photos inside. Many drawings of structures for aid in modeling.
Contact Us | Conditions Of Use | Privacy | Shipping Information | Copyright © 2008−2020 Chesapeake & Ohio Historical Society