Printed on 36 pages of 8.5 x 11 paper, this booklet consists of data on the Chesapeake & Ohio s EMD F7 and FP7 locomotives as follows:
- Reproduction of roster pages from the book Chesapeake & Ohio Diesel Locomotives by Carl Shaver and David L. Gilliland, published by the C&O Historical Society.
- EMD painting and lettering diagrams for f7s in “low wave” paint scheme with photo examples.
- C&O official painting / lettering diagrams for the revised “simplified” paint scheme with Futura Demibold Lettering, and photos to illustrate. Also photo showing F7 in “big C&O” scheme of C&O / B&O era (post 1964). No painting / lettering diagrams are extant showing this scheme.
- Official EMD and C&O Painting / Lettering Diagrams showing FP7s in original “Passenger” scheme, with packet of photos showing them lettered this way and using the Simplified Futura style, and photo showing an FP7 in the “Big C&O” paint scheme of the C&O / B&O era (post 1964). There are no official painting / lettering diagrams showing the Big C&O scheme.
- Packet of photos showing the F7 units of the 7000-7031 series which had a “High Wave” bow wave on the nose and no second deadlight in the door. We do not have any painting / lettering diagrams illustrating this scheme.
- Article from July/August 2001 issue of The Chesapeake & Ohio Historical Society Magazine showing the short-lived Zebra paint scheme. No painting / lettering diagrams for F7s showing this scheme are in our collection.