Calendars, Prints, Stationery
Chessie & Cat Items
Chessie 29 Collection
Photos, Drawings, Art
Toys, Games, & Puzzles
:: C&O Passenger Car Diagrams - Updated to 1965
Return to the Product List
C&O Passenger Car Diagrams - Updated to 1965
Add to Cart:
8 ½ x 14 sheets printed on 118 pages. This is a reproduction of an official Chesapeake & Ohio Passenger Car Diagram Book issued by the office of the Chief Mechanical Officer, Huntington, WV. Most railroads issued these books for their rolling stock and locomotives so that the basic information about each type or class of equipment could be easily accessed at any shop or terminal along the line where some repair or maintenance might be needed. The Advisory Mechanical Committee in Cleveland, which standardized many mechanical operations and functions for the various railroads, issued the diagrams in standard format controlled by the Van Sweringen brothers of Cleveland, including: C&O, PM, NKP, and Erie. These standards were used on the C&O until 1969.
These 115 diagrams provide detailed information about C&O's office cars, Budd rail diesel cars, dynamometer car, power cars, inspection car, safety instruction car, passenger and baggage cars, etc. In addition to the general layout and dimensions of the car, also indicated on the drawings are information such as when a car was renumbered to and to what number, what type of air conditioning the car had, that kitchen-dormitory car number 930 was converted from combine car 467 in 1944, baggage car 302 was equipped with Haskelite doors and that it had been changed from and express car prior to that, etc. Yet another excellent historical resource available to aid Modelers in their efforts!
Customers who bought this product also purchased...
Data DVD: C&O Historical Magazine Digital Collection
C&O Passenger Car Diagram Book Updated to 1952
C&O Passenger Train Consist Book No. 11 (Updated Mar. 1952)
Pere Marquette Railway Crane Diagrams Aug. 1946
Nickel Plate Road Passenger 1950
Valuation Maps, New River Subdivision
Conditions Of Use
| Copyright © 2008−2023
C&O Historical Society, Inc