Thurmond Crew Quarters, C&O
Thurmond is located in southern West Virginia, about 14 miles north-northeast of Beckley, along the New River and the C&O main line.
The Crew Quarters, according to the Library of Congress Historic American Engineering Record data, was built in 1927 and was located between the depot and engine house on the river side of the tracks. The larger side of the building housed trainmen and the smaller side housed enginemen. While each side had its own kitchen and locker room, there was a common toilet and washroom on the back. This building survived until 1984.
This kit consists of laser-cut basswood, cardstock, plywood, and positionable doors and windows. The tabbed construction and peel-and-stick three-tab shingles ease assembly. Interior floors and walls are included. In addition, both the original wood steps and the later concrete versions are included. The footprint is approximately 28 x 85.
Price includes all discounts